Welcome and well done on all your work here. Unfortunately, we don't have many active admins and even they are a bit quiet at the moment. Give User:Balzac a nudge if necessary. Speedoslover 21:22, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
In Sept. 2006, this site underwent a rename vandalism attack, where articles were renamed to names of other articles and/or to random nonsense titles multiple times. As part of the recovery effort, characters other than simple ASCII were messed up (UTF-8 codes interpreted as as ISO-8859-1). We fixed most of these at the time, but some eluded us. Just so you know... -- AnonMoos 19:25, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- true, that is an import reason to use things like © for © etc... --Roguebfl (talk) 19:53, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- I see, thanks. Obviously, if I see any other funnies I shall fix them. Ropeuser 22:09, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
Thank you :)
Odalisque 16:43, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
Now that you are an admin; how about taking a look at what I wrote on MediaWiki talk:Licenses, especially as you do a lot of image uploading yourself.
when a wiki url has index.php you do not use
index.php?title=User:Ropeuser but instead use
index.php/User:Ropeuser the "title" style are only used for special page function. --Roguebfl (talk) 13:03, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Cat and kitten suit
"A catsuit without legs is sometimes called a kittensuit, although such a garment is indistinguishable from a leotard." Does a kittensuit still have a zip, as with a catsuit? If so, it is distinguishable from a leotard; if not, perhaps that is worth stating. --Interesdom 14:26, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Leotards may have zips if they have high necks:  I could say "indistinguishable from a leotard with a zip." Ropeuser 17:29, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Mental nondage / Honour bondage
When I checked for mental bondage before creating it, I missed seeing honour bondage. I think they may as well be merged, what do you think? --Interesdom 23:20, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Done; I leave you to decide whether we still need to acknowledge SMiki. Ropeuser 14:34, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Hello, thanks for your welcome note (and your recommendation pointing me here too), it's great to be involved with this.
I had a thought, but being new here I wanted to get a second opinion. The paraphilia page is extensive, but doesn't point to any exhaustive list of specific philias; I was considering that it might be useful to create either a list on the paraphilia page - or perhaps a separate sub-category under the Fetish category. I'm more than happy to do this, just wondered what you (or others) thought about it. --Erleiden 00:59, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
Question re: wikipedia content
Hi, and thanks for the welcome on my talk page.
I'm working on redlinks as a way of getting to know the place. I was going to do cosplay next, then discovered that Wikipedia has an excellent, well-referenced article on the subject. Since this is definitely a fetish-oriented topic, I'd like you opinion on how to handle it.
- Cut and paste the Wikipedia content here? That would freeze the article in its current state.
- Create a stub article, and link to the Wikipedia content? That would keep the article fresh but also expose us to vandalism that occurs over there.
- Not create an article at all, but fix the redlinks to point directly to Wikipedia?
- Do my best to recreate the article here? Would rather not reinvent the wheel.
Regards. Uke 02:40, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
Her parents named here Howard? If true it would be good to add a bit of Wikitext to warn the unwary... Howard!!? bt 13:19, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- Surprising for an Irish Catholic family in that place and time, but I guess her own Web site settles the issue (assuming it's not been spoofed or vandalized itself...). Thnaks for the heads up... Howard!??? bt 20:40, 31 August 2009 (UTC)