Belle de Jour
Belle de Jour is the nom de plume of Brooke Magnanti, a research scientist who claims to have been a London call girl or high class prostitute. Under this banner she maintains a successful blog, Belle de Jour: diary of a London call girl, which by 2003 had achieved selection by The Guardian as their blog of the year, and has given rise to two books published in both the UK and US.
A television series based on the first book was in development with Channel 4 in the UK, but due to budget tightening, ITV2 picked up the eight-parter, called The Secret Diary of a Call Girl with Billie Piper in the lead role. The series began on Thursday 27 September 2007 at 10pm, as part of ITV2's XXL Thursday programming block.
Belle also contributed regularly to the Daily Telegraph until mid-2006.
- The Secret Diary of a Call Girl at itv.com
- Belle de Jour: diary of a London call girl
- The Guardian article announcing Belle de Jour's win of their "British Blog Awards 2003" contest
- Guardian article on Dr Magnanti, with photo
- Daily Telegraph article on Dr Magnanti
|This page uses content from Wikipedia; the original article can be viewed here.|